Wednesday, September 17, 2008

They're here!

Wow what a long night! Ok not so much for me, I finally went to bed around 4 when she had had just 4 puppies. Poor Nathaniel has just now gone to bed. Lily is exhausted too. She is going to be one busy momma. The vet had told us he felt three sacks and would guess a few more beyond that. Boy was he wrong. Lily has a huge litter of TEN puppies! What are we going to do with ten puppies???? They are all so adorable. They range in color from black like lily to gray to brown. One is even striped black and brown. They have lots of white spots on them too.

They are all a similar size, ranging from 9-11 oz. We have a runt that weighed in at just 6 ounces. We will have to watch and make sure he gets enough to eat. She has 5 boys and 5 girls. Madeleine and Victoria are currently in there trying to figure out names to all of them. We are hoping she is done but don't know for sure. At 7 Nathaniel came in to tell me there were nine puppies. He went back to check on her. He came right back in and tells me in the few minutes he was out she had another one. It had been an hour and half since the 9th was born so he figured she was done. We were hopeful that we could find homes for 3 or 4 puppies but I don't know what we will do to find homes for 10 of them. So if anyone knows anyone that would like a puppy let us know! They would make great Christmas presents! :) Here are some pictures, I know you are dying to see them.































6 comments:

Brooke said...

That's so exciting, congrats to all of you! What a fun little adventure you're all about to embark on. I'm glad that Lily and all of the puppies are ok.

Frankie and Krista said...

You are better than me. I don't know if I could have even kept the preggo puppy, actually i couldn't even have gone and got a puppy! They are really cute. I am glad it all worked out. I hope you can find enough homes. Go get some sleep!

Kara said...

That is so fun, crazy, but fun! They are really cute, and that is adorable that you put bows on them! The kids are going to go crazy with them, hopefully they can help out too:)

sherry said...

Wow, right now I am grateful for the human tendency to usually only have one at a time! Poor Lily! Can you tell whatthe father may have been? I hope you can find homes for all those cute pups. Until they can leave their mama, it could be fun to have a photo session of the kids with the puppies. My sister did that, and it was adorable.

Not Betty Crocker said...

Oh my goodness! I cannot believe she had 10 puppies!!! They are so cute. If I didn't already have 3 dogs I would take one.

Jenni said...

Congrats on the puppies!