It dawned on me today that I never wrote anything about Becoming Jane. First let's just say I love Jane Austen. Her books are ones that I can read over and over and never tire from. I also love the movies made from her books. They are my fall back movies. I watched Becoming Jane with some intrepidation. I had some people tell me they loved it and others that couldn't stand it. I was hoping for at least somewhere in between.
I loved it. It took me a little bit to get into it but that could be that I had to keep pausing it to do something and then go back. It wasn't a sit and relax night. Finally I was able to sit and watch the last half without interruption. I really enjoyed the movie and it is going on my wish list of movies to own. It is one I could watch many times over, although I don't think Nathaniel would appreciate that so it will definitely stay a chick flick Friday movie. The whole time I was watching I kept thinking that Tom Lefroy (James McAvoy) would have made a great Edward. For those that don't know who Edward is, shame on you! You need to broaden your horizons and read the Twilight series. ;)
Anne Hathaway did a fabulous job as Jane. The sets were great and the dresses amazing. I love the clothing they wore back then. Although I don't think I would like to wear it. Could you imagine how hot you would be and I doubt comfort was considered. It is fun to think about how life was and what my life would have been like if played out during that time period.
If you haven't seen Becoming Jane get out there and pick it up! You will love it, especially if you love Jane Austen as much as I do. Enjoy the movie!









4 comments:
I felt the same way, and I have been a fan of Jane Austen since I was a kid. I watch the BBC version of Pride and Prejudice so often that I catch my husband chuckling at it as he walks through the room. Really we can all appreciate a little subtle Brittish humor. Her books are part of the select few that I will reread. I had doubts, but loved the movie as well. By the way, when you said he would make a great Edward my mind went right to Sense and Sensability, not Twilight!
I've never seen it, but I want to. As soon as Ben's back on his foot:), I'm definitely joining you for chick flick night!
I really liked it too. I saw it when it first came out so I need to go get it again. Brandon is going hunting next week so I should have my own girls night!
Great movie! It's on my list too. I also love that the fact that the characters use "big words" and speak with an English accent repells my kids from the room! Nothing like a little alone time because your kids think you're watching a foreign movie :).
Post a Comment