Monday, September 1, 2008

Answers to prayers

Lately I have had something weighing on my mind. I have had doubts about the feelings and answers I have received concerning my miscarriage. People like to tell me that I would see my baby in the next life and I didn't feel that way. I have received a different feeling concerning that but all the people telling me that I was wrong have caused me to doubt. Today a friend sent me a link to a blog that discusses just this thing. I don't know if she realizes it but I believe that she followed a prompting from Heavenly Father to send it to me today. I am so grateful for this answer to my prayer.


It never ceases to amaze me how much Heavenly Father plays a part in our lives. He is truly mindful of each and everyone of us and wants to help us along the way. Today is the one month mark since my miscarriage. I have done a lot of reflecting over the past few days. While I can't say I am thankful for this trial, I am thankful for the growth I have experienced. I am thankful for the sweet moments of peace that Heavenly Father has given me during the heartache. Not a day goes by that I don't think about what happened. It breaks my heart daily but I truly can testify of the strength that Heavenly Father has given me to rise above and move forward. I am a better person today for having gone through all of this and for that I thank my Heavenly Father.

5 comments:

sherry said...

I believe Heavenly Father answers your prayers because you are so faithful in praying. I also believe that you and Heavenly Father are the only ones who can answer these questions, so I am glad He has found a way to ease your feelings on this matter. I would love to read that blog, even though I have not been through the same thing it may help me see where others are coming from. Thanks!

Not Betty Crocker said...

Isn't prayer such a blessing? It's comforting and humbling to know we have a Heavenly Father that knows us and loves us and answers our prayers.

Thanks for sharing with us.

Brandi said...

I'm glad that you are allowing Heavenly Father to help you through this. That is the only way. I know that from my own life experience. I have to say that I was much more stubborn about receiving help from Heavenly Father, though. Your great faith and example are very inspiring. I am truly sorry that you ever had to have an experience like that. I am grateful that you are finding some comfort in small ways. I pray that you may continue finding comfort as more times passes.

Please let me know if you'd ever like to talk. I'd be glad to listen.

((Hugs))

Christina said...

I'm so glad the link helped. I debated about whether or not to send it... reading the article again made me sure. Heavenly Fathers knows us individually and answers our prayers. At times those answers come as feelings of peace and others come very specifically, don't you agree?

I'm grateful I stumbled upon the link and again so glad it helped.

-c

Katy said...

I think sometimes we find little answers along the way that help us get through our trials. Maybe it doesn't come all at once, but "line upon line, and precept upon precept". I am glad someone was prompted to send something your way that provided an answer to you!