Sunday, September 14, 2008

little answers

I just wanted to share an experience that Victoria and I had this past week. We had gone to the library on a very rainy Wednesday for story time. Earlier when I was doing her hair she had requested a certain clip to be put in. As we were getting in the car after story time she caught the clip on the top of the car and it fell into the gutter of rushing water. I figured it was long gone and told her so which she wouldn't accept and through tears asked me to find her clip. There I was, in the pouring rain, trying my best to find a little girls special clip. I walked up and down the sidewalk knowing the clip was long washed away. I said a little prayer for Heavenly Father to bless a little child in her desire. Nothing was found. I was soaked and told her the next time we came to the library we could look again. In all honesty I was just trying to get her home without hysterics and hoping she would forget about it. That Friday I had to go pick a movie up at the Library. I parked in the same spot as I had previously been in. I said another prayer and got out of the car. I walked around to get Nicholas out and wouldn't you know, there was the clip sitting in the gutter. It had somehow gotten down in a hole in the gutter. How it did I have no idea other than divine help. That gutter had a good 4-6 inches of fast flowing water when it fell in. It should have been quickly washed away. I brought the clip home to Victoria and she was absolutely ecstatic. She couldn't believe it. I loved the smile that she had on her face when she got her clip back and I am grateful for a loving Heavenly Father that answered a prayer on behalf of Victoria.

2 comments:

Katie said...

Yep, we go on Thursdays at 10:30. Hope to see ya there!

sherry said...

She is a very lucky girl to have a mother who is willing to pray for a clip. I love these little proofs that nothing is too small for His notice.