The answer is because my son decided to wake up at 8:30 and not go back to sleep. I sat him down on the couch while I went to get a drink and he decided to get off and come after me. He still had his braces on (they have a bar between them so he can't move the best) and when he tried to get off the couch he fell and smacked the back of his head on the coffee table. He just happened to smack a small piece of the decorative work on the leg and punctured a small hole in the back of his head. Nathaniel worked on getting it butterflied together but after an hour it was still bleeding so off to the emergency room they went. It isn't big but it does go in a little bit and we figured it should have stopped bleeding after an hour of being steri stripped and glued down which we did about 30 min after he fell. So here I sit anxiously waiting to hear if he needs stitches while Nathaniel is at the ER anxiously waiting to see if he needs stitches. Of course Nathaniel just texted me and said that only the corner of it is bleeding now and is wondering if he should just come home. Hopefully they will be done soon.
I do think that after catching up on all my blogging I have successfully made myself tired and so I am going to go and lie down and try to sleep. I am supposed to be up to run at 6. Laura may be getting a call to cancel that one. Although I really need to work off that birthday cake :)
On a side note his rash is better and isn't red any more. We are pretty sure it was an allergic reaction but we do not know to what. I have a couple of things I think it might have been so once he is all cleared up we will try it again and see if the same reaction happens. And Nicholas will be getting a nice buzz cut tomorrow to match the spot where we had to shave it. Thankfully his hair grows very quickly.








0 comments:
Post a Comment