Today Laura and I ran the Blood gusher 5k. It was exciting, exhilarating, and fun! My last 5k I had to walk most of it. I had just begun running at the time and since then I have been running with Laura and Jenny 3 days a week so that this time I was able to easily run the entire 5k. It felt good to be able to have the energy to sprint at the end. We came in at just under 34 minutes. Now we will work on getting our distance longer and maybe someday we will end up in a 1/2 marathon. I do mean someday...like in the very long, far away distance. But it is a goal and hopefully we will make it. Laura will probably be able to do it sooner than I could. She has some serious endurance!
We also had the kids run the 1k. Madeleine and Tara were so excited. Nathaniel got to run with the two little ones in the jogger. He was so NOT excited. We learned that Madeleine can't have a scarf on to run. She felt like she was choking and had a hard time running. Nicholas and Victoria loved the ride! Madeleine wants to run a 5k with us so it looks like we will start having her run a little every day and maybe by the end of the year she will be able to do it.

Madeleine and Tara. Nicholas and Victoria.
We also had the kids run the 1k. Madeleine and Tara were so excited. Nathaniel got to run with the two little ones in the jogger. He was so NOT excited. We learned that Madeleine can't have a scarf on to run. She felt like she was choking and had a hard time running. Nicholas and Victoria loved the ride! Madeleine wants to run a 5k with us so it looks like we will start having her run a little every day and maybe by the end of the year she will be able to do it.
Madeleine and Tara. Nicholas and Victoria.
Ready for the 1k
Madeleine was so flushed by the end. Not sure if it is from the scarf or asthma. But she did it!
Ready...............................set.......................................
GO!
Sprint to the finish.
The next in town race is the Blue Ribbon Run on May 2nd. For those that couldn't make it this time, get ready for this one!








8 comments:
I have been wanting to start running....i might have to start...make a goal. Sign up and then I have to do it. Hummmmmm
Guess what? I still have that side stitch...bet it isn't really a side stitch after all. Those don't usually last 12-14 hours.
congrats!!
You go, girl.
Wow, is it really that cold there? No wonder you got two coats for your birthday! Here we would be running in shorts and tanks! I love your new family pictures. Your kids are so dang cute! And I love Nicholas' hair!
Yay! Way to go on the 5K! I love those and can't wait until they start popping up around here. Great job on running the whole time! I'm glad you're enjoying the running! We will definitely have to do the Ogden 1/2 marathon someday together!
I'm so inspired! I can barely complete a full mile running now....but I am working on it!
Good for you! You've caught the bug! Set your sights on a 10k next, and once you have that under your belt a half marathon doesn't seem quite so crazy :). It's just getting past each hump - the 30 minute hump, the 60 minute hump, the 90 minute hump, and realizing that you're still alive that's the big deal. If you're serious about working toward a half marathon, join the runner girls on babycenter and we can get you all set on nutrition and fuel. It makes a huge difference.
Post a Comment