Since I use this blog for journaling I figured I better put my birthday in too. Otherwise my posterity is going to think I didn't exist. I am not in many pictures because I hate the results but I let Madeleine be in charge of pictures this year. She loves taking pictures! And I enjoy the candid pictures she gets.
I got a gorgeous red coat from my sisters and parents, plus a cookbook from my parents also. Laura gave me a dinner from the Kitchen of Laura May, which I can't wait for! My punk brothers forgot my birthday. But I guess I can forgive them. :) I will just pull Brock's stunt and text them the next day and say that I purposefully waited so that I was the only one on that day wishing them a happy birthday. Then I will tell him he is 3 years older than he actually is. (Love ya Brock!)
I also got a black coat from Nathaniel. The girls made me cards. And yes I know that I was teasing Nathaniel for getting a new coat for his birthday considering where we live but a girl has got to be in fashion even if it does mean being hot sometimes. The comforts we sacrifice for fashion. ;) I can't wait until next year to wear the red one. Now I just need a cute black dress to go with it. The black coat I technically bought for myself and have worn it several times. I love it too. Can I just say I love Victoria's Secret's end of season clearance sales.
I got my traditional turkey and mashed potatoes for dinner. We found an awesome new bread recipe that Nathaniel made to go with it. The food was divine! For cake I got a jell-o poke cake and I swear I am going to gain all my weight back from eating it all. Love it!
So now I am joining my friend Laura in the thirty-something crowd. Honestly, though, I do like the thirties better than the twenties. Which has surprised me. I am much more confident with myself and despite all of the struggles of the past year I am happy and that is the best part of being older for me (even if it has taken some meds to help get me there:)).








6 comments:
Happy late birthday!! Looks like it was fun!
Happy birthday! Although I'm not quite 30 yet, I do agree that the older I get the more laid-back and at ease with myself I am. It's kinda nice! :)
Happy Birthday!
So I officially suck as a friend. I had no idea it was your birthday, when was it? I'm glad you had a good day. I'll make it up to you:)
Happy birthday! I am glad you got some fun things for your b day. Don't be too hard on your brothers. I am usually lucky if I get a birthday e mail from my sibs, and 8 of them live less than ten minutes away;) But thinking you were three years older? THAT is unforgiveable;)
Happy Birthday! Remember when we were the newly marrieds? How time flies!
Post a Comment