Sunday, November 23, 2008

And then there was none

I can't believe it! It only took one week to find homes for every puppy we had. Who knew that sitting in front of Wal mart would go so well. We sold 7 puppies there, 2 to friends, and 1 through the newspaper. Thankfully the girls have handled it well, besides the breakdown with the first puppy that was taken. Most of the puppies went to families with kids so they will be well loved. Someone asked if we were going to breed Lily again. "No Way" was my answer. They wanted one of the puppies that had already been adopted but since we have no idea what the father(s) were there is no way to get the same type of puppies.

It has been a fun experience. One that I am glad we did but also glad that it is over. The girls have loved it. I have enjoyed it. Nathaniel is so sick of dog poop he could scream so I think he is relieved they are gone. But I think he enjoyed it also.

Farewell puppies, we will miss you.

3 comments:

Rachel said...

Ben just asked me an hour ago if you were able to get rid of them all. I just told him the "bad news":)

Adriane said...

Oh, they were so cute. Wish I had had time to bring my older two to come and see them. Oh well.

Anonymous said...

Hey I accidently erased your email address if you could email it to me than I can put you on my list. Thanks. lckapp@yahoo.com