Wednesday, December 3, 2008

I did it!

This happened a few weeks ago but I have been so busy I haven't had time to blog much. Nathaniel is out of town this week so while I am alone after the kids are in bed I will try and catch up.

The Make a Wish race was pretty fun. I wasn't expecting all the other things to do besides the race. They had free food, jumpers for the kids, a little train for them to ride in, face painters, a balloon person making animals for the kids. They also had a raffle. We were one number off of winning a wii and wii fit. I was so bummed. I did well running for my first time. I had to walk part of it. I get this sharp stabbing pain just below my right ribs when I run so I had to stop a few times to let it calm down. Not sure if it is my gallbladder or what but it makes running hard. I didn't finish last which was my main goal. My girls kept asking if I got to go up on stage and get a prize. I laughed at that and said no, there is no way I would win anything. I did push myself and made it in 39.49 minutes. I have a goal now to just beat that time in the next race.
I was planning on doing the Jingle Bell run but I found out it was while Nathaniel is gone and so I guess I will be sitting this one out. I will have to find out when the next race is and do that one.



3 comments:

Brandi said...

Yay, Danielle! Way to go on your first race. Awesome job! It feels so good to finish. Now, you're gonna get addicted and want to run 5K's all the time. Good job on running!

Frankie and Krista said...

That is AWESOME!! It must feel really good. Good job.

Ben, Laurianne and the Girls said...

Great Job Danielle! I did my first 5K in August and can totally simpathize with you. My time was about the same as yours. The pain in your side is called a side stitch and I get them too and they pretty much last the whole time I am running. I researched it online because it was bothering me so much while I was training. You can get rid of them but it requires more training and different breathing techniques. Anyway awesome job. It is such a great feeling when you get across the finshline. Yeah for You! Keep it up!