Tuesday, November 11, 2008

One down, 9 to go

We adopted out our first puppy tonight. Tucker went to a fun family in our ward. He will be well loved by his new family. Bella was so excited to get him and take him home. She ran right in and found him. Unfortunately for us, we have two very sad little girls. Madeleine had a hysterical fit earlier today when I said this weekend is the time we will try and get them all homes. Granted she did wake up at 5:55 this morning and was on the verge of tears for most of the day. We made it through that (and home school, barely) and all was good until tonight when we got the call that they were ready to pick Tucker up. The tears started all over again. No matter how many times I told her that we could visit him, it didn't help. Madeleine has decided we need to keep every one of these puppies. She can't imagine them going anywhere else. I feel sad that she is so upset over it and it is hard for her to understand why we can't keep 10 puppies. Victoria is sad too but is still young enough to not really grasp the fact that the puppies are going to be gone in a week. Honestly I am a little sad too. I have really enjoyed having these babies around the house. They stink horribly, are loud and a few like to cause trouble but they are so cute and fun. I love watching the kids play with them. It is quite hilarious to have a herd of puppies follow you around the yard, yipping, pouncing, and biting at your legs. It has been a fun experience! I hope we can keep it a pleasant memory for the girls and not have it overshadowed by the puppies leaving.

Here are some pictures with Tucker before he left.




3 comments:

Anonymous said...

So Cute! I need to show the kids some more pics of the puppies. Oh and you should have called me first about Cry Baby...yes I still love it, it has Johnny Depp in it, how could I not...but there is a little language I didn't remember from when I was 11 that you needed to skip through!!! Oh and really its pretty dumb all in all, just good memories :)

Megan said...

so cute! I hate that we are having to have surgery!! Give tabby loves for us! And if she dosent go give me a call! :)

kari said...

Your dogs are so cute. I wish you lived around here i would take one in a second. Hope you and your family is doing good!