The kids and I are sick right now and our home is starting to feel like a pharmacy. I am the pharmacist, which would actually be my dream job if I weren't working for free for my sick kids, but I am getting tired of the constant dispensing of medicines to sick children. Not to mention the pain of trying to keep everything straight. Who needs what and when was the last dose are the usual questions around here, especially if we have had to give a middle of the night dose. Sure the smart thing to do would be to write everything down. I think I could manage that for a dose or two and then I would get busy, forget to write it down, and be as lost as before. We also have the problem of Nicholas not liking his mucinex. He ends up with that stuff everywhere. Thankfully he loves his amoxicillin. The girls have chewable ones and I can get them to take it with a squirt of carmel to go along with it. A spoon full of sugar definitely helps the medicine go down! Thanks Mary Poppins for the tip! ;) I have also decided I need stock in mucinex and tylenol and motrin. Between three sick kids we have gone through at least a bottle of each if not more. I just need to buy Target out and have a nice supply for the winter.
The good news is that the kids are on the mend. Thank goodness. Ear infections seriously bite! Hopefully I will soon be sleeping through the night again. Oh wait, I am sick too so until I get better there will be no sound sleeping for me. If only the dr would take me serious that I have a sinus infection and get me a script for it. I guess it is off to the urgent care tomorrow to get this taken care of. That is if my head doesn't explode tonight.
Thursday, October 2, 2008
Our Pharmacy
Posted by Danielle at 8:09 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








2 comments:
Love the changes. Are you feeling up for tonight? Let me know if I can help...
Should we postpone? It sounds like we need to bring you guys dinner and let you all heal/sleep! Let me know.
Post a Comment