The puppies were quickly outgrowing their home and starting to stink up the house so they got nice, new living quarters--in the garage. Now before anyone thinks we are being oh so mean to these sweet puppies, try having 10 large puppies pooping and peeing non stop in your house. They aren't so sweet and lovable when they stink up the place all the time. You couldn't walk in the laundry room without sticking to the pee coated floor. When I started gagging doing laundry, I knew they had to move on out. Someone did suggest puppy diapers, but come on, I already have a little boy that I have to change poopy diapers for, like I want to change 10 puppies diapers. Plus is there anyone who seriously pays $1 a diaper for their dog????
So to the internet we turned for a new solution. I found a great site that had info on beginning house training by making a place in their crate to pee and poop. Thankfully I have an ingenious and handy husband that can make something quick, and cheap. He had already begun making a small kennel for them so we just expanded it and added a "bathroom" for the pups. I have to say it is working out quite nicely. After just a couple of hours in the new home, they are using the proper place for relieving themselves. So if you are one of the lucky ones that are getting one of our adorable pups, I want big kudos for getting these dogs on the right track for house breaking. ;)
The puppies are getting so big. The biggest just hit 6 pounds today. She was 4 pounds just a couple of days ago. (Rachel this is the one you are thinking about, Ben should like that!) The littlest is still half the size at 3 pounds. He is sure cute though. They have begun eating puppy food and absolutely love it. We are flying through the food. They also like to play with toys now. It is so fun to sit and watch them. If you want to come and see them, just give me a call. I have sick kids right now but in a few days we should be good. Also if you are wanting one of the puppies, we need to know which one for sure by 6 weeks. So another week and a half. They will be ready to take home the middle of November. We can hold onto them until Christmas if you want us to. I am sure the girls won't complain. They are already upset we aren't keeping one for ourselves. Actually so am I. They are just so darn cute.
Here are some pictures from the past week or so. They are getting to play outside a lot now and seem to like exploring the yard. Some take right off and others are more timid. It is fun to see their different temperaments coming out. This first pic is Lily's new way of nursing. She looks like a cow feeding her calves.








2 comments:
Your kids are sick again, that sucks. I want to say yes to the puppy so badly, I still just don't know. I'll call you.
I am shocked it took that long to find a new home, but you know how I feel about dogs. But they sure are cute!! Parker keeps asking when we get to have a dog?? Maybe I should bring him over and he can get his fill of playing with them.
Post a Comment