Sunday, October 26, 2008

Primary Program

Today was our ward's primary program. It is always a fun, entertaining and stressful event. Thankfully this year I didn't have too many responsibilities but I did have a few. Being the secretary I got to be in charge of the copies of the program, answering a lot of parents questions, relaying lots of info to other people and a few other things. I got the easiest part out of the whole presidency. :) The best part, though, was that I got to sit down in the audience and watch everything.

The kids all did wonderfully. It was my sweet little Victoria's first primary program. We knew she wasn't going to say her part. She wouldn't even practice it. Singing was also out of the question for her. She knows every word and will belt it out at home but never in front of a group of people. We weren't even sure if she would go up on the stand today. She did go and even had a smile on her face. It didn't last long though. After 10 minutes she had tears in her eyes and kept reaching for me. I was finally able to get her to come off the stand and sit with me. I am not one to force my child to do something they are really uncomfortable with. I was just happy she stayed up there for part of it. Tiny steps!

Madeleine is a little performer. She was prepared to do her part plus Victoria's. Then she kept getting sent up to do parts for kids that didn't show up. She loved singing and saying parts. She is quite comfortable in front of others. You would never guess that several years ago she was so timid and hated being anywhere new and especially away from me. She then participated in the talent show they did for sharing time. She played her piano recital piece.

Nicholas enjoyed watching his sisters and every time he caught a glimpse of them would yell "ala". He calls them both "ala", which is getting quite confusing. He also thought he needed to be up on the stand or running down the isle. We haven't had that problem with him before so it was something new. I kept getting comments today about how wonderful his feet are doing and that you would never know he was born with bilateral club feet. He is doing amazing! Keeps me on my toes for sure!

We were running behind schedule this morning so I didn't get pictures, sorry! One of these days we will be early to church instead of just getting there in the nick of time.

3 comments:

Rachel said...

Umm, those rice krispie treats are DELICIOUS. I'm not even sure they'll make it through the night. Thanks again!

Not Betty Crocker said...

Madeline did so good. Your kids are all such cuties. Victoria was cracking me up. The program I got was made by Madeline and it was adorable. I saved it in case you want it for a keepsake.

larshannon said...

Do people really get to church BEFORE the nick of time?

Glad the program went well. Hope people feel better soon.