Friday, October 3, 2008

Chick Flick Friday

First and foremost there will be no chick flick Friday tonight. I will be busy pricing things for a garage sale. If you feel the burning desire to help out you can come over sometime after 8:30 and help. Probably closer to 9. It will be a blast! :P

I watched Wuthering Heights last Friday. I knew nothing about this story line other than it was a based on a book. A book that I had never read. I think I avoided any lengthy books back in school so therefore never read this one. Wuthering Heights was rated one of the top 100 movies of all time so I thought I would give it a try. It was quite the different movie. Not your typical love story. More of a love/hate/love story. Cathy loves Heathcliff and then hates him and then loves him again. I wasn't quite sure what to make of the movie. So much to keep up with. Maybe I would have liked it better had I read the book but then again I may not have liked it at all. Recommend it? Sure. Consider it one of the top 100 movies of all time? Nah but it isn't horrible.


Maybe I will watch one of my all time favs, French Kiss, Saturday night while Nathaniel is gone to Conference.

1 comments:

sherry said...

Wuthering Heights was Bella's favorite book in the Twilight series. They made all sorts of references to it. I've been thinking about reading it. It wasn't assigned in HS or college so I never read it. And some classics are not worth reading, like one I had to read in college. But Emily Bronte also wrote Jane Eyre, which is one of my very favorite books. I've talked myself into it! I'll tell you how it goes...