Saturday, August 30, 2008

First Day of School

Madeleine started 1st grade on Monday at her new school. She was so excited that she woke up at 6:45. I told her to go back to bed until 7:15 but she just could not settle back down. She couldn't wait to start school.



She loves her new school. Her class only has 9 kids in it. Her teacher is really nice and seems really good with the kids. Some might think I am crazy for doing part home school but I really enjoyed the first week. The school work goes so quick on the days she is home. Then the rest of the day we can do what we want. Fridays are her enrichment classes. She signed up for science, music and art. She hasn't stopped talking about the experiments they did in science. She has such a love for learning and enjoys it so much.
Victoria didn't start official preschool this year like we had planned. I was so sick with the pregnancy I didn't call and get her enrolled and by the middle of the summer they were full. We are on several waiting lists and hope something will open up. Until then we will do home school with her also. She loves it and asks every day to do school.

It is going to be a fun and exciting year! I know their will be days I will want to pull my hair out but the good far out weighs the bad. I love having my girls home and watching the love they have for each other grow stronger. They are best friends and love spending time together.



1 comments:

Not Betty Crocker said...

Such cute pictures of your sweet girls. I'm glad Madeline likes her new school.