Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Am I insane????

I have decided that we need another dog, now! We have talked about it for months and months. We have always wanted a second dog, a small one, but weren't sure when and then with the pregnancy we put it off until after the baby was older. Well now with all the life changes I told Nathaniel that we should get another one. Yes you read that right, it is my idea. I don't know if it is the need for change or the need to mother something but I want a dog. We went to the pound yesterday to try and find a small dog. Here is the kicker. I have fallen in love with a cute female 10 month old black Lab. Another big shedding dog. What am I thinking??? I don't know, but I want her. Isn't she cute? She was very calm when we saw her. She did really well with the kids. Didn't even phase her when Nicholas was screaming. Madeleine has already decided on a name, Andy. I told Nathaniel he has to be the level headed one because I am running on emotions. She is available for adoption on Saturday so we have a few days to decide. Oh what to do?


5 comments:

Brooke said...

I'll happily donate our 4 year old black lab in her place, then Shane would still be able to visit her... :) Just kidding, I love her, and this little one is cute. Labs are the best.

larshannon said...

You are crazy!!! But then you know how I am about pets, they are really good for OTHER people!

Kel said...

Adopt her! I so believe in shelter dogs! And she is adorable. She looks just like a dog I rescued and named Silas. People say that two dogs are more work... and that's true... but it's not THAT different from having one dog. Besides, if you feel like she belongs, I'm sure she does. Have you tried her out with your first dog? Do they get along?

Not Betty Crocker said...

Oh you have to adopt her! No, you're not insane. Go for it!

Janice and Jessica said...

Adopt that baby! Nothing helps pain better than a loving pet. I know from experience as I have liver/pancreas problems that cause me pain. Just last night I was up in the middle of the night in terrible pain and I took my med and laid back down. My sweet dachsund Kasey, curled up and laid next to my side that was hurting so terribly. Between the warmth of her little body and my relaxing by stroking her, the pain eased off and went away. I'm sure this baby will help take away some of your pain as well. Look at those eyes. She needs you just as much as your family needs her.

Hope it all works out.

Janice in Virginia