Monday, June 15, 2009

My talented mother

My mom is one of the most crafty and talented people I know. Since I do not possess most of her skills I save my projects for when she comes. I had been wanting a tree on the girls wall for quite some time but I wasn't sure what I wanted. Then I found this picture and I knew I had to have it. My mom did an amazing job! I love to go in and stare at it all the time. She was going to add some details like a humming bird and butterflies but since her trip was cut short those will have to wait until August. Hopefully by then I can get their bookshelf done and something for them to curl up on under the tree. Now if only I could find the perfect bedding.

Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

Not Betty Crocker said...

Love this! Wow-you're mom did a great job. I might have to steal this idea for Gracie's room.

Danielle said...

Thanks! If you want to do it let me know. The leaves and flowers are some stamps that I have. Makes for quick work. And I have more than enough brown paint to share.

Megan said...

Ohh!! This is so pretty! I love it! You will have to help me!! How are you?

larshannon said...

And it is even more beautiful in person. I loved looking at it the other day.

niki said...

Wow she did a beautiful job!!! What a nice thing to put in the room!

sherry said...

It's beautiful! I love it. CanI borrow your mother?