We left to go to Utah as quickly as we could. I had great plans of leaving at 12:30 am so that the kids would sleep all the way to Albuquerque. Well we didn't leave until 1:30 and then we had kids that were awake and hungry in Roswell so we had a snack of yogurts while Nathaniel slept. After 30 min I could stand sitting still any more so we got back on the road. I tried to sleep some but never actually manage to. We finally made it to ABQ and stopped at this awesome soccer complex for some stretching, running and breakfast. The air smelled so sweet and the grass was so soft I just wanted to curl up and sleep. The kids had fun running and playing. Finally we had to get back on the road.
Nathaniel and I traded off driving and I ended up getting sick from lack of sleep and car sickness. It was such a long, long drive. We finally made it to Utah! We decided to take another break and climb up to the arch. If you ever do this don't take the straight up option. Especially with slippery shoes. Madeleine tried running up the slick rock and nearly fell off the mountain. She did get a nice gash in her leg. Nathaniel then found an easier way to the top and while I got the girls down, he and Nicholas had fun at the top. Victoria had a blast sliding down the rocks and sand. Madeleine hobbled her way down. Nicholas got the best of all. He got carried the whole way. It was a nice way to stretch and then back on the road.
We got to Ogden about 8 pm. We went straight to my grandma's house so that I could say goodbye. Through a series of misunderstanding everyone thought I was deathly ill and didn't want me near them. We finally convinced them I didn't have the swine flu and I got to go in and see grandma. I am so thankful that she was still alive even if she wasn't awake. I am glad she got to spend her last days in her home and not in a sterile hospital. She was up going and moving until the stroke. She was always so active so I am glad she didn't have to suffer long and live in a rest home for who know how long.
Then we went home to my parents and unpacked and slept. It was heaven to finally get some sleep!
3 comments:
have always wanted to hike up to that arch. Ty Pennington stood under it in a promo for Extreme Home Makeover. We have always wanted to go to Hole in the Rock too. One day.
That is for sure a long drive, I'm glad I'm not the one that has to do it:) But I'm glad you guys do so we can see you. Those look like fun places to stop!
Your kids are so cute! I am sorry about your grandma but it is good that you got to see her.
Post a Comment