Monday, February 16, 2009

Valentine's Day 09

Valentine's Day turned more into a week long celebration this year. It started with Madeleine's School Valentine's party on Wednesday. They got to hand out their valentine cards to their friends, eat some yummy treats, and play some fun games. They seemed to enjoy it.






This is what we made for the teachers. It was super easy and a huge hit!

On Thursday we headed to the library and they were having a Valentine party too. No pictures from that one since I didn't realize they were having a party and didn't bring my camera. We got to sing some songs, listen to stories, make a treat sack and then eat lots of yummy things. Victoria was in preschool so she didn't get to join us but they sent a sack of goodies home for her. We have the best children's librarians!

Friday was Victoria's party. She was so excited it was her turn. Some of the parents decorated the room so cute. There was lots of food and they got to make a bird feeder with a bagel, marshmallow cream, and bird seed. She had lots of fun!





Nathaniel and I celebrated Valentine's day on Friday. We are taking ballroom dance classes with a few other friends of ours so that served as our date. We had dinner at the yummiest new hamburger place in town, Burgers, Fries and Cherry pies. It was the best! After dinner we headed to class. It was so much fun. I am really enjoying it even if I am not the most coordinated. :) After class we went back to the restaurant to try their deep fried cherry pie. YUM! Then home to put kids to bed and we watched Get Smart with Rhett and Missy. That was one funny movie! We have decided to not spend a lot of money on gifts for each other. Instead we have to come up with something creative and from the heart. This year Nathaniel picked out a bunch of love songs and would randomly send them to me via email or play them for me at different times of day. It was so sweet! He also got me a gorgeous orchid. I made a brag book with all of our dating and engagement pictures. For my first scrapbooking attempt I think it turned out pretty good. Sorry no pictures of dancing. One of these weeks I will bring the camera.

Saturday we took the girls to Lowe's to make a jewelry box. They had so much fun and they are very proud of their boxes.


What do you think, does he look a little bored?




The rest of the day was spent like any other Saturday, busy! After the kids were in bed we watched a movie and then right as the movie finished Nathaniel got a call to go check a patient at the hospital so he left and I went to bed.
We had a really fun Valentine's day/week and now I am looking forward to a calm week.

7 comments:

amylynne said...

I totally love that fake milkshake thing you made for the teachers! So fun! Hey, Landon and I get really bored during the day, and so I thought I'd ask you if y'all do a playgroup around here or anything?

Danielle said...

I don't think our ward does a play group. I know the other wards do but not sure on the time. A few of us go to story time on Thurs morning for the lap sit and/or the toddler one. Or you could always come hang out here. Nicholas loves babies!

sherry said...

Holy cow, what a week! You are so nice to do so many fun things with your kids. I love it! I am so jealous you are taking ballroom dance lessons. And even funner to do it with friends. Now you need to go on a cruise so you can show off your new skills.

amylynne said...

I think Claudia told me about that one time... it's at 9:30 at the library right? And I would love to come over sometime! Call me sometime when you feel up to having us--699-0269--and maybe we'll see you on Thurs. morning. :)

Danielle said...

Sounds good! I hope we do see you Thurs morning. You can always email me or call to see if we are busy. Sometimes I get caught up and forget to call people.

Kara said...

How fun, looks like you guys had a great time. I don't remember if I knew about the ball room dancing. I am jealous I really want to do that, but Brandon put the kabosh on that one!!!

Katy said...

I love that milkshake thing with the taffy! What a cute idea! It looks pretty simple...did you have to do anything special to get it to look just like that?
Valentine's week is always so fun, but like all holidays, I am always glad when the business is over! :)