Saturday, February 21, 2009

How to make the Valentine's Milk shake


I had a few people ask how to make the cute milk shake that I made for valentine's day. It is so easy and a huge hit. I didn't take any pictures of making it and can't find the blog I found it on so hopefully descriptions work.


I found the milk shake cup at hobby lobby, thankfully half off. I have heard dollar stores have them but ours was out.


You will need what ever candy you want on the inside of the cup. Small candy works best. Also chocolate heart to be the cherry on top.


Next you need a half circle floral Styrofoam thingy. :)


Get a bag of salt water taffy. If you are doing it for valentine's day, try and find a bag of just pink and white. Otherwise you will need two bags of regular to get enough pink and white to cover one. This was the hardest part to find. No one had taffy.


You also need pixie sticks.


Start by placing the Styrofoam over the cup and trimming any that hangs over with an exacto knife. Fill with candy and then hot glue the Styrofoam thingy to the top of the cup. Put pixie sticks in on each side to be the straws. Next hot glue the taffy to the green thing, covering all the green. Glue the chocolate on top. And your done! Easy peasy!


If that absolutely made no sense email me and I will talk you through it.

1 comments:

Katy said...

Thanks so much for posting this! I just love this idea!!