Monday, February 2, 2009

My sick baby

Poor Nicholas. He was just getting over another cold and ear infection when this new one hit. Saturday night he woke up screaming and wouldn't calm down. Usually you give him his binki and he is happy. Not that night. I couldn't see anything wrong, he didn't have a fever and wasn't stuffed up. I took his braces off and that didn't help so we gave him some motrin and hoped that would help and he would go back to sleep. Thankfully that worked.

Late Sunday morning he started running a fever and by afternoon had a green, snotty nose. He was very fussy and just wanted to be held. He didn't sleep well at all. He would cry, fall asleep, and wake up screaming a few minutes later. After doing that for about an hour he finally stayed asleep and slept all night long.

This morning he woke up and had drainage out of his other, non infected ear, and it had crusted over his ear. Off to the dr...again! His ear canal was so swollen she couldn't see his ear drum so she prescribed some drops and said that he probably has a small hole in his ear drum. She didn't want to give him another dose of antibiotics because he just finished that last round last week. If he is still running a fever by Thursday then we will get back on the antibiotics. Tonight it was 101.4 so hopefully these drops will be enough and he will feel better soon. He is one cranky, unhappy baby. To try and make him happy and give my back a rest, I let him watch a movie. Cars! He loved it. As you can see in the picture he is snuggled up with his blankie happily watching it. Victoria had to join in also.


Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

larshannon said...

We just did the same thing with Kyra. Hope he feels better soon!

Megan said...

Poor guy!

Debbie said...

Poor little boy! Hope he feels better soon!

sherry said...

Poor little guy, that is aweful! I took Abigail in today and she has an ear infection too. But nothing like that! Hopefully he gets better soon!

The Lindners said...

When will it all stop?! If I have to go to the Dr. one more time or fill one more prescription...so help me!

Kara said...

Poor little guy, I hope he gets feeling better soon. I have never experienced the drainage thing with my kids. Doesn't sound too pleasant for them:)