When Kara first got here she wanted to know what we were going to do while they were here. I just laughed. I know the reason why no one comes to visit. They claim it is the amount of miles it is to drive (1000, to be exact) or too expensive to fly. But I know the real reason. It is boring here. There is very little to do for excitement besides restaurants and a movie theater.
After I got done laughing I decided we could go to the Children's Museum. If you have ever been to a big cities Children's Museum, this one pales in comparison. But for those of us here in desolate West Texas, it is great! On the plus side it only costs $2. Try getting in to one of the big city ones for that cheap.
Finding the time to go was the most difficult part. With two kids napping on totally different schedules it was hard to ever make it out of the house. We finally just did it. Madeleine was at school so she missed out on the fun but I promised another trip when school is out for Christmas.
It was a very quiet day at the museum. We got the whole place to ourselves. The kids had a blast. There is a little city for the kids to play in. The favorites were the grocery store, the house, and the tv station. Kambri especially liked the telephones that she could talk on to Kara in another room. I loved watching their imaginations at work.
We then ventured into the baby area. I know, I know, Victoria is a little too old to be in there but I didn't want to leave her out to play by herself so she got to enjoy the fun too. I think Bennett was in heaven. A place just for him! We tried taking a few pictures of all the kids together but they were not the most cooperative. Oh well.
Monday, December 8, 2008
Children's Museum
Posted by Danielle at 2:04 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








4 comments:
That was really fun! I love how they have something for every age, and the price! I think my kids loved it too!
I was trying to find a picture with your sister in it to see how much you two look alike. Bummer, couldn't find it.
Looks like a fun time, for Midland!
It looks like fun to me! And you can't beat $2.00! Your kids are having such an exciting month. Is it your sister you had visiting?
I'm glad the museum is worth going to, I'll be honest we haven't been because I thought it might suck! I'll have to take the kids soon!
Post a Comment