Monday, May 26, 2008

My little miracle drug


Can I just say how much I love modern medicine! I finally called the dr on Friday to get some meds because I hadn't kept anything down in 24 hours and had lost 5 pounds in a week. I mean I had wanted to lose those last 5 pounds before I got pregnant but not after and certainly not by throwing up everything. They called in the dissolvable generic Zofran. I LOVE this stuff. I feel so much better. Saying that is kind of funny because I still feel like crap but it is SO much better than how I felt last week. I am actually off the couch and haven't thrown up in 2 days. I can't tell you how good that feels. My esophagus was on fire after throwing up more times in a day than I can remember. Today I am even contemplating taking the girls swimming. I still feel better when I am outside and spend a lot of time just sitting out there until it gets too hot.

I have decided I have a super sensitive nose which aids in the morning sickness. I can smell things that no one else smells and from far distances. At church yesterday one of the classes had skittles. Every time I walked past that closed door I got a whiff of the most sweet smell. The worst was Saturday night Nathaniel was at work and I fixed some spaghetti. I didn't realize until it was too late that the only sauce we had was a garlic herb sauce. Let's just say garlic is my worst offender. I had some starving children so I plugged my nose and fed it to them. I can still smell the garlic on Nicholas' breath. Sat night it was all I could smell during the night. The whole house stunk! I even slept with the window open. Don't get me started on how the garage smells. I dry heave every time I walk out there.

I think I can last the remaining 7 weeks of this if I continue doing well on the Zofran. Thankfully with having the generic now my insurance had no problem filling the 60 pills the dr called in. And it only cost $130. When I needed it with Victoria it was a fight to get just 10 pills and it cost a ton.

4 comments:

Kara said...

I am glad that you founf something that works. And can I say I so glad that I have better pregnancies!

Brandi said...

I'm glad you got on Zofran. That is a miracle drug. I remember that was the only thing that actually worked for Abbey after her transplant for the nausea. I hope you are feeling better soon and won't have to fill another Zofran Rx.

larshannon said...

hey, how are you doing anyway?

sherry said...

How nice that your insurance covers it! Mine will only cover about 1/3 of it, so the rest is costing me an arm and a leg. That is the price you have to pay to function!