Saturday, May 17, 2008

The mean mommy strikes again!

After asking the girls a few too many times to clean the playroom, I had had it. Instead of cleaning they were playing. So I told them that they had a couple of minutes to get all the doll things picked up or I was throwing it away. Well they didn't listen and so in I came with the garbage sack. I nearly filled it with all the doll things. I then told them the next thing to clean up or it was going in the bag too. Guess what? They didn't listen again. So in I came again and cleared it all into the bag. This time they were in hysterics as it got put in. Of all the things to be upset about Madeleine was seriously freaking out that I put two of her Magic Treehouse Books in there. She decided right then that she was going to write the author, Mary Pope Osborne, and tell her that she lost her two books. She said that Mary Pope Osborne would then mail her new books. Here is Madeleine's letter to her:

Dear Mary Pope Osborne,

I need two books I ardy had. They are Poler Bears past Bedtime, and Earthquake in the Early Morning.

Love, Madeleine Tague

She is looking for her address to mail it now. I guess at least she got some practice in writing a letter. Now the only question is, do I really let her mail it?

Now I did learn a lesson too. I have been way to lax in my follow through with my threats lately. No more empty threats from me. I have let my girls get away with too much lately and that is stopping today. As long I can do it in between trips to the bathroom to throw up!

4 comments:

Not Betty Crocker said...

Her letter is hilarious!

Shane said...

Awesome that you followed through! You're an inspiration to other mothers everywhere who want to do it, but haven't. I think I'll use this as my inspiration to take care of insubordination in our ranks...Brooke

Judy said...

we've done that at our house. we took her toys away and she had to slowly earn her toys back. now she realizes how serious we are. although her room still is a nightmare...one day maybe she will get it who knows! good job on stickin with it!

Kara said...

You are so mean:) Her letter is so cute, I love how determined she is. I miss her!