
I was taking the garbage out to the dumpster and as I lifted the lid to put the bags in I saw it. There it was at the bottom of the dumpster. A box with not one but FIVE box tops on it. You see Madeleine has been collecting box tops for her school to turn in to try and win a $10 gift certificate. Thanks to my family we have gotten quite a few. But you never know, five more might really help.
I sat there for a moment wondering if I could reach them. When I figured I would actually have to climb into the dumpster to get it, being the whole 5 ft that I am, I contemplated asking Nathaniel to get it for me. I quickly changed my mind on that one. I could only imagine the look on his face if I asked him and then him laughing at me. As I went back to the garage to get the rest of the garbage I continued thinking of how I might possibly rescue these box tops. No one would actually *know* how I got them. So when I put the final bag in the dumpster I looked long and hard at the box one last time, shut the lid and solemnly walked back up the drive way. Madeleine would just have to do without those five box tops.
I still wonder if there may have been a way to get those box tops but then I think "what are you thinking." For a moment I almost became a dumpster diver :O. Thankfully my sanity won.
Sunday, March 30, 2008
You almost did what?
Posted by Danielle at 9:09 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








3 comments:
Ha ha I would have loved to see you try. Do you still need those because I still get a lot of them. I am glad that we can help her out.
LOL! I'm glad your sanity won out on that one. If it were for a $1000 gift certificate instead of just $10, I could see the logic. But for $10? She could make that in one good afternoon at a lemonade stand. What would have been really funny, though, is if you DID dumpster dive, then it was caught on security camera and sent in to a TV show! (LOL) Okay, I'm a SAHM and my imagination runs away from me sometimes. :)
I totally would have climbed in and gotten the box tops! I guess you should have called me!
Post a Comment