I can't believe my baby boy is 1! This past year has gone by so fast. Nicholas has been such a joy in our lives. His happiness is so contagious. He loves to laugh all the time. He is extremely ticklish! Almost as much as his big sister Madeleine.
He is such a little boy. I didn't believe everyone when they told me that boys are so much different than girls but they truly are. Nicholas loves anything that has wheels, balls, and destruction! I can't keep up with the messes he makes. He is so persistent too. He makes a mess just to make it. As soon as I clean it back up he crawls over and throws it all back out. This happens over and over again.
Nicholas is starting to say a few words. He says daddy, doggy, sister. He very rarely says mama. Usually he just laughs when I try to get him to say it. He has also picked up a few signs. He signs all done, water, finished, daddy, Victoria, doggy and more. He gets so excited when he does a sign and we understand him. The other night Nathaniel was feeding him and had turned to do something. Nicholas wanted more food and to get Nathaniel's attention he said Dada and then signed more. He amazes us every day with the things he does.
Nicholas is starting to walk around the furniture a little bit. He has been pulling up for quite a while now. He is stuck in that horrid brace for most of the day so he hasn't had much of a chance to learn to walk. He is now out of it for 6 hours a day so maybe he will start walking soon. He also needs to build up the strength in his legs after being in casts for 10 months. I feel bad for him because he wants to walk but just isn't able to. He will get it though.
My Nicholas is such a mama's boy and I absolutely LOVE it! I am the only one who he will hug and kiss. At least I get that if he won't say mama. His kisses are huge too. When he hugs me he gives me the biggest squeeze around my neck. He knows exactly how to melt my heart!
Enjoy the slide show from his birthday party. We had so much fun and thank you to all who were able to make it.
Saturday, March 8, 2008
Nicholas is the big ONE!
Posted by Danielle at 8:14 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)










3 comments:
He is so cute, I love his rolls. I just don't think its in the cards for me to have a chubby baby. Did you make his cake, it was really cute. Wish we could have been there.
Happy Birthday, Nicholas! It looks like he had a great party! He is getting so big, and I love his arm rolls. What a handsome little man.
Hey dear ones, I have sure enjoyed your blog! Thank you so much for sending it to me. I am slow letting you know but love to see the kids and know what is happening with them. Love and miss you all LouAnn
Post a Comment