So we went in to the dr this morning to get Victoria's throat swabbed. She has been complaining for several days now that her throat hurt, then last night the rash started. Sure enough she has scarlet fever. This is the second time in 6 weeks for her to have it. The first time we caught it early and it wasn't nearly as bad as this time. She has a rash all over her body. She is so miserable. I asked the dr to give her an antibiotic shot because she is so hard to get meds down and the last time we went through this it took two rounds to get it to go away. Dr Acreman said her lungs were clear which was great news for her.
Unfortunately Nicholas didn't fare as well. He started wheezing the last couple of days and choking on the mucous that is coming up. So got put on breathing treatments every 4 hours and an antibiotic. Thankfully he loves his medicines and asks for more.
Shockingly Madeleine is healthy right now. **Knock on wood** She does have a horrible attack of cold sores inside her nose. OUCH!! The prescription for Zovarax was $129. :0. Granted I needed it too and now Victoria is getting a cold sore so she will use it too but man that hurt. Luckily our pharmacy has a free prescription plan and the antibiotics are on it so those were free. Madeleine had a visit with the dr yesterday to follow up on her athsma. The dr had her blood work results back and her IgE numbers were 732. Normal is 0-393. So the dr told us we have a highly allergic child and to go to the allergist to have her tested again. The last time was when she was 2. I feel bad for her. She wants to play at her friends house but she has a cat and that is her worst allergy causing her athsma attacks when she goes there. She is banned from being in any home that has a cat. Hopefully we can get her allergies figured out so that she can get healthy.
So tonight I am really hoping that maybe, just maybe I might start getting some sleep. Victoria has been waking up screaming the last couple nights, probably from her throat hurting so bad. She was acting so much better tonight. I highly recommend the shot! Nicholas can't sleep because he is coughing too much. I feel like a walking zombee. I have so many things to do yet can't seem to make my body move. I am off to bed. Wish me luck that I might sleep all night long without one interuption. (A girl can dream, right?)
Wednesday, March 12, 2008
Sick kids update
Posted by Danielle at 9:33 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








1 comments:
Wow that doesn't sound too much fun. I don't like it when Kambri is sick. I can't imagine what it would be like to have three sick at the same time. Man I hope my kids don't have issues like that!
Post a Comment