This afternoon I was at my local grocery store and saw what I considered a great deal. OPI nail polish on sale for $2.50. I have a slight obsession with nail polish and love OPI but can't stand the price tag. I was ecstatic to see the price and all of the cute colors. There were tons to choose from, at least a hundred. I picked out four that I really liked, finished my shopping and went to pay.
I try and watch when my sale things get rung up because too many times the price is wrong. Sure enough every single polish rang up for $7.99. I told the cashier who price adjusted it. When she totalled it, it required a manager because of the price adjustments. After waiting 5 minutes for one to come, note to self-never go shopping at 4 pm again--it was crazy busy, she comes over and refuses to honor the price saying that the ones on sale are already in the system and will ring up right. They were told not to adjust any others. I normally would have said fine and not gotten them. But I have been crossed by too many people lately and I was sick of it. I could have seen one ringing up wrong but all four ?!? I argued with her but she stood firm and said she was sorry and then asked if I still wanted them. I said no and went to get the big boss, who happens to be a family acquaintance. I could not find him so I found another manager. He went to verify the price and came back and said that only the ones in the bin were on sale and the ones at the front of the store were not. I calmly reminded him that I DID get them out of the sale bin and that there were several of the same colors still in there. He again said that the ones at the front of the store were not on sale. I think he was accusing me of taking the full price ones and trying to get the sale price. He finally said that he would give me the sale price and I told him they need to fix the problem. He said they would but I bet if I go tomorrow it will be the same. How many people have paid the full price thinking they were getting a bargain? I am tempted to go back tomorrow to see.
So in the end I got my polish and I feel slightly liberated for standing up for myself. Maybe I have finally gotten over making things uncomfortable for others or possibly making them mad. It is time I stand up for myself and my kids. Now we will see if I still have the nerve the next time something happens.
Tuesday, January 6, 2009
No one comes between me and a bargain!
Posted by Danielle at 6:54 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








7 comments:
LOL thats too funny! Good job I think that you should have said that too. It bugs when stores do things like that. The other day I was in Gymboree on the 7.00 and under rack and there were a few that said 10.00 and the lady acted like I was being annoying because I told her they were there. People bug!
Hey Danielle! I found your blog from Debbie's! I am glad to see you guys doing well, your kids are so very cute! Loved the sale story, it is good to stand up for yourself cause who else will right? Anyway I am glad to have a way to keep in touch
I hope you don't mind if I add you to my "stalking" list!
great I didn't watch to see if they rung up correctly and I think I have already thrown the receipt away. Dang that makes me mad!
Good for you! I hate when stores mark things incorrectly. At least you got the sale price. Way to go!
Way to stand up for yourself! I need to do that more often. It bugs big time when store do that. Love watching your blog! Your girls are getting so big!
That's my girl- I was sure to get my share too. Way to go!
While I was reading that I got a little ticked off FOR you! I think I just need to yell at someone;) Good for you for sticking up for yourself. Maybe you should give your family friend a call and let him know what happened!Or just paint your nails a pretty color and smile because you got a smokin' deal:)
Post a Comment