Sunday, July 20, 2008

Locks of Love



This weekend was one that Madeleine had been looking forward to for a very long time. She got to cut off 11 inches of hair and donate it to Locks of Love. She has been growing her hair out for years. She has always wanted it to reach her waist. It finally got that long and she decided she wanted to give it to someone who needed it.



I talked with my friend Rebecca and her two girls wanted to do it too. Madeleine was so excited to share this with her friend Emma. They were all giggles and smiles in the weeks leading up to this. That is all they talked about when they got together.



You would have thought it was Christmas day as we walked into the salon. I have never seen smiles so big! Madeleine was first up and she was all grins as Darlene started the cutting. It was so fun to watch her as she saw her hair in the ponytail. She loved the hair wash and said she felt like she was in a shower. Then the haircut began. I wasn't sure how it would look, I haven't seen short hair on Madeleine since she was 1. I absolutely love her new hair style and more importantly so does she! Emma and Anna's hair are so adorable too. They each got a little bit different style and Darlene did a fabulous job getting a style that looks great on each of them.




She was excited to go to church today and show off the new hair. Madeleine loves that there are no more tangles and it is so much easier for her to wash and comb ou. I asked her last night if she wanted to grow it out again or if she wanted to keep it short. She told me that she loves it short and is keeping it that way.


Way to go Madeleine! We are so proud of you!

7 comments:

Jenni said...

What an awesome thing for your daughter to do!

Katy said...

Hi Danielle! I just happened across your blog and thought I'd say hello! That is such a cute story about your daughter's hair! So cute that she got to share that with her friends! Their hair is so cute!

Kara said...

Are you kidding me! She looks so cute I can't even believe it. She looks like a miniature you. I miss them so much, tell her I think she looks so beautiful and grown up.

larshannon said...

Tara was shocked! I really mean it. I think the quote was something like, "I don't believe my best friend cut her hair so short!" Followed by,"I want my hair short too."

Gillian said...

I love little girls with cute bobbed haircuts. Tell Madeline she made a "good choice". Very sophisticated!

Karolienkie said...

She look so much more like you now! Good Job - Madeline! Super cute haircut!! So fun to her all grown up!! I am sure that got to you!

Frankie and Krista said...

She looks just like you did! So Cute! Sera asked me if we could do that at about her same age. Slacker mom never did it. Now that she is older she can't part with her hair. I think it is so neat! Way to go Madeline!!