
My friend, Rebecca, and I finally took our girls to go see the new Kit Kittredge movie yesterday. Victoria picked out Kit for her doll when we went to the American Girl Boutique and when she heard there was going to be a movie, she went nuts. I have had to listen to the same question for over a month "When the Kit movie coming out?" Explaining time to a 4 yr old little girl doesn't always work the best. I finally tried telling her after Uncle Dennin comes to visit we will see the movie. Then she started asking when Uncle Dennin was coming. I answered a lot of questions over that month. Finally the movie came out and Rebecca and I were able to figure out a time to get together and take them. My girls were giddy as we got to the theater. They had their dolls in hand. 
Sweet Victoria was so excited for her Kit to talk to the real Kit and see Ruthie too. As luck would have it we got to the theater before it even opened. Whoever thought opening up 15 minutes before a movie didn't have 5 little girls and one little boy to get to the bathroom, through the concession stand and sitting in a theater. We finally got our seats, pulled out the candy, popcorn, and sodas and got ready to watch our movie.
Madeleine and Victoria were squealing with excitement as the movie started. You would have thought it was Christmas for those too. Madeleine was especially excited that her friend Emma was right next to her watching with us. The first half of the movie went really well. Then Nicholas started to get fussy. He had had enough of the popcorn and just wanted to move. For the record I had planned on Nathaniel working from home so Nicholas could take his nap and I didn't have to worry about a 1 yr old in a movie. That worked so well for me. When business calls he has to go. I should have just found a babysitter. Victoria also decided that she had had enough. She kept walking over to me and asking when the movie would be done. Then it got to the part with the bad guys and she was scared. I already had one baby in my arms that I was trying desperately to keep quiet with starburst and she wanted to be held. Thankfully Rebecca was kind enough to hold her. Oh and I forgot to mention that there was no a/c. They forgot to tell to us that when we bought the tickets. I think we may have talked the girls into coming back another day. Talk about miserable. We were all so hot! So I am extra grateful that Rebecca was willing to hold Victoria for the last part of the movie. I am sure she was so hot during that! The movie ended on a very happy note and Madeleine and Emma just couldn't stop talking about it. In fact madeleine woke up talking about it today. She loved the movie. Victoria is just happy to have finally seen the movie. I don't think she will ask again though. She is still scared of the bad guys. We had a great time and it was nice to get out with friends and do something. We need to do it more often! Now Madeleine is asking when the Kirsten movie will be out. If there is one you know we will be there!
Tuesday, July 8, 2008
Kit Kittredge, the movie
Posted by Danielle at 9:19 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








1 comments:
Hmmm I want to say it sounds like fun, but not really! We went to see Wall-e and Kambri paid attention for about 20min. I'm glad that Madeleine liked it though. You need to post more pics of the kids so I can see them.
Post a Comment