Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Finally an update

Sorry I am not updating lately. Not really up to it. But I am feeling little bits better so maybe I can get back to it.

I had my first dr appt and ultrasound last Thursday. Everything is looking good. Baby is measuring a little bigger than the due date, which is what I expected. Due somewhere around the 25th of march. That is the original due date. Guess we will stick with that even though the baby is measuring bigger. Baby had a good, strong heartbeat which is the first thing I looked for. The dr wants to cover all the bases so he is considering my high risk because of the 3 miscarriages and Nicholas' birth defect. So that means we see the perinatologist in a week to have him review everything. Hopefully he will do an ultrasound too. The more the better, these days! I have also been put on progesterone and baby aspirin. Hopefully everything will go fine this time around. Just the fact that the baby is measuring bigger verses smaller is a comfort to me. The last baby measured a week behind from the very beginning and I was sure on the dates.

I switched dr's again with this pregnancy. That means a different dr for every pregnancy. How I wish I could just go back to Arizona and have Dr Snell again. She was fabulous! Plus the hospital there is so much nicer than any we have here. The dr seems really good though and I think I will be happy. Fingers crossed!

My morning sickness is so mild this pregnancy compared to the previous 4. I have decided it should be called pregnancy sickness because it is not just morning that I am sick. There have been so many times I have been so sick in the middle of the night. I am down about 6 pounds. I will have a bad day or two and lose the weight and then it takes a week of ok days to gain it back and then I have another bad day. I am so grateful, though, that it is so good this time. I can handle one of two times of puking a day with an occasional day of constant throwing up. Much better than it could be. I even have an occasional day of no throwing up. I haven't even needed the zofran this time.

The girls are so excited about the baby. They are determined it is a girl and have already made this baby a ton of jewelry. We also have a lot of pictures for the baby. I am a little frustrated with not knowing what we are having. With the other 4 I was right every time and this time I have no idea. I am hoping for a boy but it would be fun to dress up a little girl again. But I really want Nicholas to have a little buddy to play with.

Well there you go. The most current that is going on here. Thanks for all the well wishes and prayers. They are greatly appreciated!

4 comments:

Katy said...

You still sound pretty sick, but I am glad that it is easier this time around! Horray for everything looking good so far! Still keeping you in my prayers!

Rachel said...

That's a very uplifting update! I'm so happy for you and am hoping & praying that everything goes well. You also give me hope that I won't be as sick my next time around, if there's a next time:-)

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on the pregnancy. You don't know me I knew Nathaniel years ago. Your kids are gorgeous.

amylynne said...

Thanks for your nice comment! I'm coming home this weekend-we'll have to get together and catch up sometime. I'm so happy to hear your ultrasound went well! :)