Well last night was an eventful night. I wasn't feeling well so I went to bed early. I woke up at midnight to a wet gush. I knew that couldn't be good so I went in to the bathroom. Sure enough there was the blood. It poured out for a minute and then I gathered all my strength and walked out to wake Nathaniel. I sat and cried and cried. Last week we had such a fabulous ultrasound and everything was looking perfect. I was beginning to have hope that everything was going to work out ok. After sobbing for a bit we woke my parents to let them know we were going to the ER. My dad and Nathaniel gave me a blessing and we headed out to the ER.
After waiting and waiting with a bunch of very sad, sick babies, it was my turn. They took blood work and then tried and tried to find a heart beat with the dopler. The nurse wasn't able to find it so out she went and we waited for the dr. He finally came in and tried again. He also couldn't find it. He thought he heard something but couldn't get it for sure. Then he did his exam and finally said the words I had been waiting for, "Let's do an ultrasound". Four hours after getting to the ER I was finally going to know for sure if my baby had died. She took me down to the room and I couldn't bring myself to look. Finally there was the baby with a heartbeat beating away. Sweet relief! However something was going on so she took a lot of pictures of everything and then said that the radiologist would look at it and get back to us.
Back to the room and an attempt to sleep. Nathaniel was able to doze a little but I couldn't sleep. I never can in hospitals. After what seemed like an eternity the dr came in and told me what was causing the bleeding. A large sub corionic hemorrhage. Really didn't explain it at all. Just said no lifting and pelvic rest. See your dr tomorrow. And then I was sent home. This morning I looked it up on the internet. My risk of miscarriage is increased because of it. It is good that I am younger than 35 and the baby is 12 weeks 4 days. Those drop the risk but the size of it increases my risks the most.
Went and saw the dr and he did another u/s and showed me the hematoma. It is definitely on the larger size. He told me that nothing I did caused this and there isn't anything I can do to stop a miscarriage if it is going to happen. We will just monitor closely. No heavy lifting, mainly that would mean Nicholas. Also back to the perinatalogist and another big u/s so they can measure it and see just how big it is. Then back to my dr in a week. I am trying to have hope and faith that everything is going to be ok. I feel peace that no matter what happens, I will be ok. I will survive what ever may come. I just sure hope that the outcome is better this time around than the last pg.
Tuesday, September 8, 2009
Another pregnancy update
Posted by Danielle at 1:08 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








11 comments:
Danielle, I'm so sorry you're going through this! Get lots of rest and let me know if I can watch those sweet kids for you.
crushton7 [at] yahoo [dot] com
I'm sorry that you're having to go through all of this. I can't imagine what you're feeling right now. If there is anything that you need, ie: food, babysitting, etc. call us! We'd love to help with whatever.
I am so sorry. I wish this kind of thing on NO ONE. It's got to be one of the hardest trials of this life.
All of the above! Ben's off tomorrow so I can come get the kids and take them to the park if you want.
Shoot you just can't get a break can you? I had one of those, if it makes you feelany better. But I was a little further along. I think the further along you are the better, and 12 weeks is a good start! Now the challenge will be to take care of your kids and not exert yourself. Good luck! We will be praying for you and the little one!
Oh Danielle! If someone deserves a break (and a normal pregnancy) it's definitely you!
I know every situation is different, but I had the same kind of hemmorrage with Jackson, and after that initial episode went on to have a healthy and normal pregnancy. (I had also had two previous miscarriages.)
I would offer to help you out somehow but I am leaving town tommorrow and feel helpless. I know you are surrounded by lots of willing souls though so I hope you will let others help you out for a little while so you can really take it easy!
Will be thinking of you!
Oh Danielle I am sorry to read this. I will hope for the best for you and your little baby. These things are so scary.
:(. Danielle, I didn't realize this was going on when I emailed you earlier. FWIW, my SIL had a subchorionic hemorrhage early on (also a momma to two angels) with her last pregnancy, and it gradually resolved without any residual bad effects. She carried him to term just fine. Think happy thoughts!!! Praying for you...
Hope things are going a little better today. Take it easy and call me or any of the tons of others who would help you in a heartbeat if you need ANYTHING!
Oh, the waiting game for these sweet, sweet babies! My prayers will be with you. Hang in there.
I'm glad to hear things are still ok. Just hang in there. I can't imagine how hard this must all be. Maybe we'll see each other one of these days. Your family is so cute and I can't believe Madeleine is 8. She is beautiful. What a proud mom you must be.
Post a Comment