Friday, May 15, 2009

Rude awakening



A couple of weekends ago we were awoken to the sound of our alarm system. I jumped out of bed, turned it off before it woke the kids and then quickly realized that it was 2 am and that the only reason our alarm should go off is if someone was trying to get in. I woke Nathaniel and we went out to investigate. Being the smart person I am, I grabbed the closest thing I could swing at someone, a child size guitar. That would have done some damage, right?

We looked through the house and nothing was disturbed. The alarm system showed that the trigger was a window in the kids rooms. All were still locked but I was shaking and scared so we called the cops just to be sure. A very long 30 minutes later they showed up and walked around inside and out of the house. Their conclusion? A sensor in the window is going bad. They said goodbye and we headed back to bed.

The next day we looked around and really couldn't see anything that was out of place outside the windows. The girls windows already had the screens off from cleaning their windows so it would have been easy to try and get in there. I am not sure if I really believe that it was a bad sensor seeing that it hasn't happened since. For now I will continue to set the alarm all the time and sleep much better knowing that my $30 a month keeps us nice and safe!

Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Debbie said...

So Scary! My heart would have been in my throat! Thank goodness it ended up being nothing. Not fun way to wake up that is for sure!

Princess Gerty said...

Wow that is scary! I really hope it was nothing.