I will never catch up on all the past postings that should have been but here is a quick glimpse of the past 4 months. I am going to try and do better at blogging. That is if I can find the time!
Charlotte spent about 18 hours a day with this light for over two weeks.
Charlotte's first month was a difficult one! While she was born a pretty healthy size for 5 weeks early and didn't go in the NICU, we still had a lot of difficulties! She had very bad jaundice and ended up on a billi blanket for over two weeks. She was too sleepy to really eat well so she dropped 14 oz down to 5 lbs. We ended up putting her on formula for a few days to get the jaundice gone and then continued to supplement for a few weeks to get some weight on her. The dr said with her poor eating she should have been in the NICU. I am glad we made it without having that! Once she started gaining weight he was happy and so were we! She mostly slept the first month of her life. She really didn't wake up much and if she did it was for a very brief time. I don't think she even opened her eyes the first week or two. Didn't help that they were very swollen.
Sleeping during Disney on Ice. This is how she spent most of her time!
Month two went a lot more smoothly. Nursing was still a challenge and I continued to give her a bottle every night. She acted like she was starving in the evenings and I didn't have enough milk. We also had some pooping problems and got concerned when she didn't go for 9 days. We ended up having to use suppositories for a few weeks til she started getting the hang of it on her own. I don't think anyone has ever been so excited to have a baby have a blowout as I was when she finally went on her own. The kids continued to be smitten with her! Victoria was quite anxious for her to move into her room. Charlotte slept great, as long as she was in bed with me. She also didn't go to bed until midnight. Those were some exhausting days! She was still an itty bitty little thing. By two months she was finally over her birth weight and had even grown in length a little. We got her immunizations done and I don't think she had an ounce of fat for those needles to go in! We had her blessing right before she turned two months old. She looked adorable!
Our first hiking adventure. Charlotte did great and slept most of the time.
Her fourth month has just flown by and tomorrow she will be 4 months old. She sailed right out of newborn clothes and into 0-3 mo for only a couple weeks. She is around 13 pounds now. Twice she has gained a pound in a week. Nursing is finally going well. She can FINALLY go 3 hours in between feedings, I finally have enough milk, and she is sleeping almost all night in her crib. She is cooing and laughing all the time. She is quite ticklish and every time she starts to laugh she gets the hiccups. She is such a happy baby. The only time she gets upset is if she is tired or hungry. She has two different cries for those and is pretty easy to figure out. She will get mad if I have given her a tummy ache but thankfully that doesn't happen very often! The kids are still in love! Nicholas loves to give her kisses and get right in her face and talk to her. He even thought he needed to help when she was crying. I came down to him carrying her from the swing to the couch. Scared me to death! He just said that the girls can do it and he is a big boy so he can do it. He has tried picking her up once since then but is getting better. The scariest was when he thought he could feed her a bottle. She was starting to choke on it when Nathaniel noticed him. She was so upset for a really long time and wouldn't let us put her down. Nicholas didn't understand what was wrong and you could tell was very worried. Madeleine and Victoria love to hold her and get really excited when I say that they can pick her up and bring her to me. They have all been so helpful with Charlotte!
One of the girls took this and it makes me laugh! It shows Charlotte's hair in true Afro fashion!
I love Charlotte so much and am so grateful to have her here with us. I can't wait to see what the future brings with this little bundle of pure joy!
Charlotte spent about 18 hours a day with this light for over two weeks.
Charlotte's first month was a difficult one! While she was born a pretty healthy size for 5 weeks early and didn't go in the NICU, we still had a lot of difficulties! She had very bad jaundice and ended up on a billi blanket for over two weeks. She was too sleepy to really eat well so she dropped 14 oz down to 5 lbs. We ended up putting her on formula for a few days to get the jaundice gone and then continued to supplement for a few weeks to get some weight on her. The dr said with her poor eating she should have been in the NICU. I am glad we made it without having that! Once she started gaining weight he was happy and so were we! She mostly slept the first month of her life. She really didn't wake up much and if she did it was for a very brief time. I don't think she even opened her eyes the first week or two. Didn't help that they were very swollen.
Sleeping during Disney on Ice. This is how she spent most of her time!
Month two went a lot more smoothly. Nursing was still a challenge and I continued to give her a bottle every night. She acted like she was starving in the evenings and I didn't have enough milk. We also had some pooping problems and got concerned when she didn't go for 9 days. We ended up having to use suppositories for a few weeks til she started getting the hang of it on her own. I don't think anyone has ever been so excited to have a baby have a blowout as I was when she finally went on her own. The kids continued to be smitten with her! Victoria was quite anxious for her to move into her room. Charlotte slept great, as long as she was in bed with me. She also didn't go to bed until midnight. Those were some exhausting days! She was still an itty bitty little thing. By two months she was finally over her birth weight and had even grown in length a little. We got her immunizations done and I don't think she had an ounce of fat for those needles to go in! We had her blessing right before she turned two months old. She looked adorable!
Charlotte sleeping after her blessing. Such an angel!
The third month was good. She continued to need a bottle at night since I just didn't seem to have enough for her. She was consistently growing. She had me concerned that she wasn't smiling and making much eye contact. It has been hard to see her be behind in everything and I have to remind myself that she was born early and needs to catch up still. She did finally smile and it made my day. Although I was quite sad when her first smile wasn't at me. She gave a huge grin to my sister, BriAnne, and it was more than a week after that before she smiled at me. Charlotte was still so tiny. She was still in newborn clothes and diapers. I felt like she was never going to outgrow them!
Our first hiking adventure. Charlotte did great and slept most of the time.
Her fourth month has just flown by and tomorrow she will be 4 months old. She sailed right out of newborn clothes and into 0-3 mo for only a couple weeks. She is around 13 pounds now. Twice she has gained a pound in a week. Nursing is finally going well. She can FINALLY go 3 hours in between feedings, I finally have enough milk, and she is sleeping almost all night in her crib. She is cooing and laughing all the time. She is quite ticklish and every time she starts to laugh she gets the hiccups. She is such a happy baby. The only time she gets upset is if she is tired or hungry. She has two different cries for those and is pretty easy to figure out. She will get mad if I have given her a tummy ache but thankfully that doesn't happen very often! The kids are still in love! Nicholas loves to give her kisses and get right in her face and talk to her. He even thought he needed to help when she was crying. I came down to him carrying her from the swing to the couch. Scared me to death! He just said that the girls can do it and he is a big boy so he can do it. He has tried picking her up once since then but is getting better. The scariest was when he thought he could feed her a bottle. She was starting to choke on it when Nathaniel noticed him. She was so upset for a really long time and wouldn't let us put her down. Nicholas didn't understand what was wrong and you could tell was very worried. Madeleine and Victoria love to hold her and get really excited when I say that they can pick her up and bring her to me. They have all been so helpful with Charlotte!
One of the girls took this and it makes me laugh! It shows Charlotte's hair in true Afro fashion!
I love Charlotte so much and am so grateful to have her here with us. I can't wait to see what the future brings with this little bundle of pure joy!













7 comments:
Her hair is so awesome!! I love the picture of her on the hike :). I can't believe it's already been 4 months...time flies.
Love the pictures, Charlotte is beautiful! Miss all of you so much! Did the kids get a package from me about a month ago?
AW sooooo glad you updated I was wondering how lil miss was doing!!! Love all the pictures and so happy so see you happy=)
Good to hear from you! Charlotte is darling. I am glad that things are settling for all of you. We miss you here. I look forward to reading more updates soon. :)
Love the update and pics! Nice one of her at the Disney thing. I remember I was on the phone with Nathaniel when you were there and wondered how in the world she was handling that. Now I have my answer! Thanks for sharing and glad that you are both doing well! It IS crazy how time flies! Darby is already 2! Wild!
She is so sweet! I can't believe how big she gotten so fast. I'm glad you guys are here so we get to enjoy her:)
What a cutie!! I'm glad things are starting to get better for you. I know how hard it can be! She is wonderful! I can tell you are having so much fun with her! Congratulations!
Post a Comment